New Jersey Nets (Enero 06-Mayo 08) 'Gracias por todo, Jason'
Zona de consulta para conocer cómo éramos antes
Moderador: Louis de Funès

Sehnsucht

por Sehnsucht » 30 Abr 2008, 12:16

pero es que Phoenix si ya tiene pocos jugadores aprovechables se va quedar sin uno menos, no lo digo por otra cosa.

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 12:30

Eso no pareció importales cuando traspasaron a Thomas a Seattle... Supongo que ficharían a otro jugador por menos dinero... Que estoy seguro de que podrían tener jugadores aprovechables por menos de ese dinero... Además que a Swift por ejemplo le podrían sacar su provecho como reserva de Stoumdemire y O'Neal, pienso yo... Pero vamos, tampoco estoy diciendo que ellos aceptarían seguro, simplemente digo que eso es lo que yo daría como mucho... Y también pienso que ningún equipo va a querer comerse ese contrato sin más...
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 12:41

Aunque también es cierto que con los dos últimos partidazos que se ha marcado (de verdad, da aunténtico gustazo verle jugar así) seguramente haya subido bastante su caché o los Suns intenten darle más bola el año que viene, ya que Hill está mayor y sigue con problemas de lesiones, quién sabe. Pero su contrato sigue siendo un marrón para ellos. Y algo tiene que cambiar después de la eliminación.
Imagen

alexbohemia

por alexbohemia » 30 Abr 2008, 12:41

Se rumorea que en Milwaukee va a haber cambios.

Podrian salir Michael Redd, Mo Williams y Charlie Villanueva.

¿Que os parecerian para los Nets?

Yo me traeria a Villanueva a Jersey (ademas el es de NY) :P , reeditariamos la pareja interior Huskie en UConn... Boone - Villanueva.

Me parece un jugador excelso ofensivamente y que nos vendria muy bien a la hora de anotar por dentro y puede abrir el campo y tirar de fuera, cosa que nuestros interiores no hacen.

Ademas, creo que tiene mucho margen de mejora, sobre todo en defensa, que creo que lo puede hacer mejor si se esfuerza en ello....

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 12:43

A Villanueva me lo traía por el precio justo. El chaval tiene potencial, aunque tenga fama de acomodado y poco sufridor (vamos, un poco vaguete).
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 12:46

Dave D'Alessandro el da un tirón de orejas a muchos fans de los Nets que están gozando con la desgracia de Kidd:

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2008/0 ... d_age.html

Column: At Jason's advanced age, nothing's Kidd-friendly
by By Dave D'Alessandro

Tuesday April 29, 2008, 9:23 AM

At around 9:30 tonight, the Dallas Mavericks' season will end in what is likely to be one of those classic, made-for-TV moments, with shots of Mark Cuban fuming and Dirk Nowitzki scowling and the TNT boys yukking it up with their gone-fishing leitmotif to commemorate the moment.

We'll never truly know how Jason Kidd feels about it, because he'll hide behind his practiced, stone-faced equanimity and spout the usual platitudes about how the Mavs were beaten by a better team, which is absolutely accurate.

It's just a shame that no one will agree with him. As he is engulfed by this Mardi Gras moment inside New Orleans Arena, his 14th season about to be history, the lasting memory will be of his clumsy, desperate grab at Jannero Pargo's neck at the end of Game 4, backpedaling as he tried to avoid getting the ball shoved down his throat -- a common occurrence in this series.

He looks old. From Dallas to Demarest, people will never forgive him for that, but Chris Paul has made it clear that this Game 5 -- spoiler alert -- will be the last important game of Kidd's dazzling career.

That's the worst part about these playoffs: Everyone assumes that experience is the most important ingredient to postseason success, but history is replete with examples of young legs prevailing against the old guard.

Last year, it was the Chicago kids sweeping Shaq, and LeBron demolishing the Pistons.

This year, it's Tony Parker vs. Steve Nash, and Paul vs. Kidd.

Sometimes it's so one-sided you want to avert your eyes.

Is it something to celebrate? Sure, if you happen to cheer for the victors. But if you watch just to root against Kidd -- and there are a few million inhabitants of this particular NBA precinct that have no trouble admitting to such jaundiced motives -- then the past 6 1/2 years didn't really mean much.

The Germans have a word for it: schadenfreude. That smug pleasure one receives from someone else's misfortune. It's a waste of time.

When Kidd's name comes up, the first association should be how he turned the most wretched franchise in professional sports into one that mattered -- for a while, anyway. Moreover, he should be remembered as the last, ardent disciple of the Magic-Bird era of this new century: They were champions, sure; but more important, they made us all look at the game differently than we had before their arrival.

Kidd did much the same thing. Very few players have that intuitive quality, and the ability to demonstrate it. For that, the average fan -- especially those situated between the Delaware and the Hudson -- should be grateful.

Wait, don't say it: He was a jerk this season. You won't get an argument here. Every month brought another sign that he had checked out mentally on his team, his coach and his employer.

In October, he was clubbing at 2:30 in the morning during two-a-days. In November, he essentially declared that his team had no hope. December brought the infamous migraine. The trade demands intensified throughout January. By February, he was gone -- which was a good thing, in retrospect, but nobody ever issues back-slaps and attaboys for guys who give up on a dysfunctional marriage.

Then he tried to rationalize every selfish step, in that vertiginous, self-absorbed way he has. Old news.

And now he's in Dallas -- age 35, and looking it every inch.

You should hear what they say about him there. Some fans on the Dallas-related websites were hoping he would be suspended for the flagrant foul on Pargo, just so the Mavs could activate Tyronn Lue, who would be a better defensive matchup against Paul.

Kidd can't do much about that. He's just another player on a team that was never going anywhere in the first place. Some say the Mavs never should have given up Devin Harris, but those who make that facile argument haven't seen Harris defend lately. It was a risk Cuban had to take -- period. They weren't in the Lakers' or Spurs' class, and they knew it.

But the Dallas defeat will fall on Kidd's shoulders. Few will remember that Josh Howard, admitted devotee of the wacky weed, is shooting 26 percent through four games for Dallas. Indeed, there were a lot of stars who looked inept over the first week of the postseason. Carmelo Anthony in Denver. Philly's Andre Iguodala. Chauncey Billups of the Pistons.

And yes, Kidd. Some will point to the delicious irony that it was Byron Scott's point guard that made him seem so feeble. Whatever. We say Paul will do that to a lot of opponents down the road. And that no 35-year-old stands a chance.
Imagen

alexbohemia

por alexbohemia » 30 Abr 2008, 12:49

underrated escribió:A Villanueva me lo traía por el precio justo. El chaval tiene potencial, aunque tenga fama de acomodado y poco sufridor (vamos, un poco vaguete).

Tiene mucho potencial, podria ser nuestro 4 titular o un jugador importante de rotacion interior.

Gran calidad en ataque, incluso mas que Krstic y ya no digamos que Boone o Diop.

Ademas, es un buen reboteador y tira de 3 aceptablemente, por lo que podria generar espacios dentro para Krstic.

Sus stats este año.

24,1 mpg - 11,7 ppg - 6,1 rpg - 1 apg - 0,5 bpg

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/charlie_v ... index.html

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 14:02

Los Nuggets son otro equipo que podrían agitar un poco su plantilla tras el fracaso en playoffs... ¿qué os parecería ir a por Camby? Nos vendría bien si no renueva Gana, aunque tampoco perdería la cabeza por él (con perder la cabeza me refiero a dar a alguno de nuestros jóvenes), porque ya es mayor y cobra bastante, pero si se pone a tiro porque Denver hace limpieza...
Imagen

DIEGO-ESTU

por DIEGO-ESTU » 30 Abr 2008, 14:10

underrated escribió:Los Nuggets son otro equipo que podrían agitar un poco su plantilla tras el fracaso en playoffs... ¿qué os parecería ir a por Camby? Nos vendría bien si no renueva Gana, aunque tampoco perdería la cabeza por él (con perder la cabeza me refiero a dar a alguno de nuestros jóvenes), porque ya es mayor y cobra bastante, pero si se pone a tiro porque Denver hace limpieza...

Un gran center, pero cobra un pastón.

¿Cuántos años le quedan y a razón de cuanto?
Imagen

alexbohemia

por alexbohemia » 30 Abr 2008, 14:37

DIEGO-ESTU escribió:
underrated escribió:Los Nuggets son otro equipo que podrían agitar un poco su plantilla tras el fracaso en playoffs... ¿qué os parecería ir a por Camby? Nos vendría bien si no renueva Gana, aunque tampoco perdería la cabeza por él (con perder la cabeza me refiero a dar a alguno de nuestros jóvenes), porque ya es mayor y cobra bastante, pero si se pone a tiro porque Denver hace limpieza...

Un gran center, pero cobra un pastón.

¿Cuántos años le quedan y a razón de cuanto?

Tiene un contrato descendente.

El año que viene cobrara 8 mill.$ y el siguiente 7,6 mill.$

Acaba en 2010.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm

alexbohemia

por alexbohemia » 30 Abr 2008, 16:14

Larry Brown nuevo entrenador de los ´Cats.

Segun conto underrated, ya hubo una negociacion a tres bandas Jersey-Charlotte-LA en la que RJ pudo acabar en Carolina.

Ahora con el nuevo entrenador seguro que los Bobcats quieren hacer cambios para mejorar una plantilla que estara planificada para entrar en Playoffs.

De momento, Okafor ya tiene dudas de seguir en NC debido a la designacion de Brown como nuevo coach.

Gerald Wallace y J-Rich empiezan a sonar en rumores de traspaso... ¿creeis que podriamos ofrecer a RJ o a otras piezas interesantes para hacernos con alguno de este trio de los ´Cats?

Charlotte Bobcats Salaries

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/charlotte.htm

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 19:02

Aquel traspaso era para traer a Odom a NJ... Yo a RJ no lo cambiaba por Wallace ni Richardson... por Okafor creo que tampoco, aunque esto se podría pensar un poco más...

No sabía lo del contrato de Camby, lo hace más apetecible al ser descendente...
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 19:33

Pat Riley, que entrenó a Byron Scott en LA, habla sobre su trabajo en los Nets:

"What he did in New Jersey was a credit to him -- absolutely a credit to him," Riley said. "He did a fantastic job there. But sometimes, dynamics and personalities can get in the way."
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 30 Abr 2008, 20:02

Artículo sobre Sean Williams en la web de los Nets. El propio SWAT y Thorn hablan sobre su temporada y lo que tiene que mejorar en este importante verano para él:

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/Sean_Williams_4_29_08.html

Big Summer Ahead for Sean Williams

Imagen

By Matthew McQueeny, NJNets.com
April 29, 2008

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- If anything, Sean Williams learned one thing from his first season in the NBA:

“Patience is a virtue,” said the baritone-voiced 21 year-old.

Williams – like the Nets – had a rollercoaster of a season. In his ascendant moments, he showed an athleticism and instinct nonpareil. In his completely mortal moments, he exhibited all the traits of a young player out of sorts with schemes and assignments.

Then again, that can be the story for most high-upside first-year pros.

Said Nets President Rod Thorn, “Sean’s year was like a lot of rookies: he had some early success, fell back a little, and then had some more success around the all-star break. Then after the all-star break did not have much success so I think he played more games this year than he has every played by far. I’m sure he got a little tired as the season wore on. I heard him saying several times that his legs felt heavy. I think he’s another player that needs some strength, but he’s a guy who showed at three or four different periods of the season that he could be a player that could be a helpful player. It’s a big summer for him with summer league, other work he’ll be doing this summer. Athletically, he’s certainly in the top 10 percent of the league athletically and has an upside and it’s up to us and to him to make sure that he does what he needs to do in order to get better.”

Williams, who only started playing organized basketball in the summer before his senior year in high school, played 69 total games in three college seasons at Boston College. In his rookie season with New Jersey, he played in 73 contests. He finished the year with averages of 5.6 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks in 17.5 minutes a game.

He did, however, start 29 games, including a stretch from late December to early February in which he started 24 of 25 games. In that stretch he had slightly better averages of 7.5 points on 50 percent shooting, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks.

While consistency was an issue, it was his moments of unparalleled explosion that had those who watched seeing the future. Against the Kings on December 18th, he had 11 points, eight blocks, and seven rebounds; on November 17th against the Heat he had 22 points and eight rebounds; against the Wizards on December 28th his line was 14 points, 10 rebounds, and five blocks; and at the Clippers on January 19th the rookie notched 11 points, 11 rebounds, and six blocks. In all, he had 14 double-digit scoring efforts, four double-digit rebounding efforts, and blocked 106 shots, making him only the third rookie in team history to reach the century mark in swats (Kenyon Martin, Mike Gminski).

Now that he knows what it is like to go through an entire NBA season, Williams looks to build this summer and come back better next season.

“I take that I have a lot to work on and it’s going to be a long hot summer in that gym and I’m going to love it. There’s a lot of motivation not making the playoffs. We went into the year with a lot of expectations and for us not to make the playoffs; it just shows how much work we have for this team and for me.”

Outside of summer league, a few trips back up to New Jersey and a quick summer vacation with his girlfriend, Sean will be mostly in Houston in the gym working with John Lucas.

“Specifically I want to work at my aggressiveness on the boards and just knowledge of the game. Every time I play I learn something about the game. I just want to keep playing so I can learn and get better at the game. I’m still young at this game and I feel my ceiling is very high. I still can’t even touch it with as much height as I have.”

Outside of being late once for a shoot around, magnified because it was before the Nets first preseason game of the season, Williams was noted for being a stand up citizen and teammate this year. According to him, there is still much to learn though.

“I definitely did get a lot out of this year. There are a lot of things that I want to work on for next year outside of basketball - from a professionalism standpoint - like being on time. I’m on time but I’m on time.”

“You have to be early, not on time.”

He will look to carry those professional lessons into his sophomore season in the NBA, because he certainly has all the physical assets he needs.

“For me next year is really I feel about establishing myself. I’m not going to be a rookie anymore so you can’t fall back on that. I’m going to have to come in and be a pro.”
Imagen

Sehnsucht

por Sehnsucht » 01 May 2008, 15:50

estoy en Bruselas que he venido a ver a un amigo de erasmus, y en el aeropuerto me pille la revista de la nba, y Daiimel decia esto de los Nets.

decepcionante la que deberia ser la ultima temporada de Lawrence Frank en el banquillo de este equipo. Se hablado mucho de su perimetro pero el bajon fisico de Nenad Kristic tras la lesion ha sido la clave del fracaso. Han sufrido y seguiran sufriendo la decadencia de Carter si no se desprenden de el. El traspaso de Kidd tampoco sirvio de nada.

se pueden decir tantas burradas en tan poco espacio??? excepto la primera linea, lo demas :shock: :shock:

el bajon de Kristic clave del fracaso??? podria ser una razon, pero ni mucho menos una de las importantes, el año pasado ahi estan nuestros logros sin Kristic, podria decir el cambio de sistema ofensivo o el lio Kidd como clave del fracaso creo yo.

Decadencia de Carter??? :shock:

underrated

por underrated » 01 May 2008, 16:10

El único jugador de la liga, aparte de Bryant y James, que ha terminado el año haciendo mínimo 21 pts, 6 rbs 5 asist. Y jugando lesionado. Bendita decadencia. Pero claro, si en vez de a VC tuviéramos a Ginóbili jugaríamos las finales año sí y año también. Y no, desde luego el traspaso de Kidd no ha servido de nada. Vaya tela.

Estoy contigo, para mí las razones del fracaso son el fiasco Kidd y el experimento de Frank con el nuevo ataque.
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 01 May 2008, 16:22

Ojo a la noticia: el propietario de los New Jersey Devils de hockey, Jeff Vanderbeek, y el alcalde de Newark, Corey Booker, están intentando reunir un grupo de inversores para comprar los Nets y llevarlos a Newark, para que jueguen en el Prudential Center. El proyecto de Brooklyn de Ratner apesta a fracaso. Pero vamos, que los mismos vendedores de humo de siempre sigan diciendo que LeBron James jugará en los Brooklyn Nets (o como quiera que les vayan a llamar). en 2010. JA.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/topstorie ... lan_i.html
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 01 May 2008, 16:31

Avery Johnson, tras ser destituido, dice que esto de lo que más se arrepiente:

“Maybe I should have given the ball to Devin Harris a little bit earlier.”

A buenas horas, mangas verdes.
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 01 May 2008, 16:57

Por cierto, Daimiel no me hagas recordarte que varios periodistas que siempre han sido VC haters ahora le han pedido disculpas a VC por darle caña tan gratuitamente después del gran nivel al que ha jugado tras pirarse Kidd, y encima jugando todo el año lesionado y aguantando hasta el final, por dios, hasta John Hollinger (JOHN HOLINGER!) dijo que muchos periodistas siempre le aporrean para justificar los males de los Nets pero que VC había tenido un año más que decente y que VC no era el problema de los Nets...

Hay algunos que siempre se agarrarán a ciertos clichés y repetirán las mismas tonterías. Hay algunos que generalizan a partir de un momento determinado. Qué triste.

Pero vamos, que estos vendedores de humo sigan diciendo lo que quieran, afortunadamente el que tiene que evaluar a VC es Thorn y no hay dudas sobre lo que Rod piensa de él y de su capacidad de liderazgo.

Y sobre lo del traspaso de Kidd... que no ha servido para nada dice... Madre santa... Sólo por cómo le hemos robado a Cuban por un Kidd descontento, desmotivado y, este sí, en decadencia, ya merece la pena hacer el traspaso. Pero es que además Devin sólo ha jugado 26 partidos con los Nets. Sacar conclusiones de eso como para decir semejante estupidez me sorprende de alguien como Daimiel. En fin...
Imagen

underrated

por underrated » 01 May 2008, 17:04

Sobre lo de ir a Newark, no estaría mal, pero me gustaría más ir a Brooklyn. Eso sí, aunque Ratner es un vendedor de humo de primera me extrañaría que se rindiese en su proyecto tan pronto, habiendo gastado tanto dinero, aunque la verdad es que cuando compró la franquicia se decía que íbamos a Brooklyn en 2006... y mira ahora...
Imagen