L.A. Clippers 09/10: De luto (Mayo 2008 - Marzo 2011)
Zona de consulta para conocer cómo éramos antes
Moderador: Louis de Funès

clipper

por clipper » 02 Jun 2008, 20:04

sugarfree escribió:
Livingston es un 0 a la izquierdo tirando desde fuera y eso es dar mucha ventaja al equipo contrario...

Me encantaría verlo triunfar pero lo veo difícil si no mejora mucho su pésimo lanzamiento

Livingston dentro de la linea de tres tiene un buen tiro, y si no me equivoco el año de la lesion ya estava ya cerca del 33% en tiros de tres lo que ya es un buen porcentage que supongo que habria ido mejorado.

Magic tampoco tenia un gran tiro pero aun y asi a sido el mejor base de la historia, o si quieres alguno que aun juegue ahy tienes a J.Kidd.. Obviamente Livingston no llegara a ese nivel pero al menos yo creo que aunque muy importante el tiro no es imprescindible.

A mí no me engañas con lo del tiro de 3...

Year Team G GS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A
04-05 LAC 30 15 814 89-215 0-2
05-06 LAC 61 14 1.525 149-349 1-8
06-07 LAC 54 31 1.611 208-449 5-16

Estos números son los de un pésimo tirador de 3. Mira, última temporada, 30 minutos de media y juega 54 partidos.

54*30=1620 minutos totales

y ha metido 5.O sea que mete un triple cada 324 minutos.

Un tirador en progresión vaya...

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 02 Jun 2008, 20:13

clipper escribió:
sugarfree escribió:
Livingston es un 0 a la izquierdo tirando desde fuera y eso es dar mucha ventaja al equipo contrario...

Me encantaría verlo triunfar pero lo veo difícil si no mejora mucho su pésimo lanzamiento

Livingston dentro de la linea de tres tiene un buen tiro, y si no me equivoco el año de la lesion ya estava ya cerca del 33% en tiros de tres lo que ya es un buen porcentage que supongo que habria ido mejorado.

Magic tampoco tenia un gran tiro pero aun y asi a sido el mejor base de la historia, o si quieres alguno que aun juegue ahy tienes a J.Kidd.. Obviamente Livingston no llegara a ese nivel pero al menos yo creo que aunque muy importante el tiro no es imprescindible.

Estos números son los de un pésimo tirador de 3. Mira, última temporada, 30 minutos de media y juega 54 partidos.

Repito un comentario mio anterior: no sería ni el primer ni el último base que está en la élite de la NBA siendo un penoso anotador desde posiciones exteriores. El ejemplo más claro es el de Tony Parker.

Eso sí, Livingston si quiere sobrevivir en la NBA va a tener que mejorar su tiro exterior (yo también pienso que es su punto débil), porque el físico, después de un año y pico parado, no le va a ayudar mucho a partir de ahora.

sugarfree

por sugarfree » 02 Jun 2008, 23:12

sugarfree escribió:
Cita:

Cunado lo escribi lo hice de memoria, luego me mire las estadisticas y entonces si que vi que solo havia lanzado 16... pero bueno 16 en 51 partidos es mas que en las otras 2 temporadas juntas :mrgreen:
Zig Zag Clip Attack!

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 09 Jun 2008, 23:03

Livingston se convierte en agente libre sin restricciones. No ejerceremos la opción de ampliarle el contrato:

It's not always best to take need over talent in the NBA draft, but with long-term concerns over injured guard Shaun Livingston, it would be a shock if the Clippers didn't take a guard with the seventh pick. Livingston destroyed his left knee after landing awkwardly following a missed layup against Charlotte in February 2007, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, the posterior cruciate ligament, and the lateral meniscus. The fourth overall pick in 2004 missed last season and it's uncertain when he will play again. An NBA source said the Clippers aren't expected to make Livingston a qualifying offer (the lowest starts at $5.8 million), making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. But with major knee concerns, it's uncertain the Clippers, or any team, will be rushing to sign him. According to the source, Livingston can't work out back-to-back days and needs about 90 minutes of therapy before doing noncontact basketball drills. There is speculation he might not be able to play at the NBA level again. What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches. But if he returns without his spectacular quickness, he could move to the small forward position.

Sterling vuelve a las andadas. No me gusta nada esta decisión.

Por otro lado, Brand y David Falk han vuelto a hablar:

Spotted on floor level, in a prime seat, was Clippers forward Elton Brand, who was sitting next to his agent, David Falk.

Brand said that he had been in New York and flew down to Boston early Sunday, to attend the game. He expects to be back in Los Angeles on Wednesday and back in the gym working out on Thursday.

Asked if there was any change in his declaration to wait on his decision to opt out of the final year of his contract, Brand said, “There’s no change. But check with me when I get back to L.A.

Brand, as has been reported on a number of occasions, can opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and become an unrestricted free agent. He is due to be paid $16,440,000 next season.

As for the game, Falk shook his head affirmatively, when asked if he was surprised by the Celtics’ manhandling of the Lakers.

“The Celtics’ reserves are crusing the Lakers’ reserves,” Falk said.

PD. Let's go Celtics!!!

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 12 Jun 2008, 22:30

Los Clippers tantearán el fichaje de Calderón:

The Clippers -- like many teams -- have pinpointed Toronto Raptors point guard Jose Calderon as an attractive target this off-season.

Calderon is a restricted free agent but is also sharing point guard duties in Toronto with T.J. Ford. The Raptors can match any offer made to Calderon and have stated publicly that they intend to do so.

Jugadores que harán próximamente los entrenamientos predraft con la franquicia:

D.J. Augustin, an early-entry candidate from Texas, was the highlight of a group that included Nevada's JaVale McGee, Utah State's Jaycee Carroll, Kentucky's Joe Crawford, France's Alexis Ajinca and Iowa State's Mike Taylor.

Patriotismos aparte, quizá Calderón sea el base que mejor nos convenga, más que nada porque no me acabo de fiar del físico de Baron Davis, el favorito de la gerencia (Dunleavy prefiere a Calderón).

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 13 Jun 2008, 23:21

Vuelven los rumores sobre un posible traspaso Brand-Arenas:

One player who has no baggage, apart from health concerns, is Elton Brand -- a player who would give the Wizards inside scoring they haven't had since Chris Webber was in D.C. Brand has yet to opt out of his current deal, and the Clippers have dreams of re-signing both Brand and Corey Maggette, adding an impact player through the draft and signing another free agent to get back to where they were two years ago when they were one win from the conference finals.

Though Arenas spurned the Clippers for the Wizards a few years ago, sources here in Los Angeles indicate the Clippers are interested in making one more run at Arenas. It makes sense, provided the Wizards could find a sign-and-trade to their liking.

Siguen los rumores sobre Maggette, aunque la cosa me sigue oliendo a que se larga a Orlando:

Now that the Clippers have accepted the unfortunate truth that Shaun Livingston is not going to be ready to resume starting - or maybe even playing - next season, they're starting to look in other directions. Naturally, every team that needs a starting point guard is on the phone with either the Raptors, who have TJ Ford to offer, or the Memphis Grizzlies, who have a stockpile of young floor leaders. The Clippers are no different, and have been linked to talks regarding both of the Raptors' point guards.

Last week we heard that the Clippers had interest in Ford, and might be willing to work a deal to send Corey Maggette to Toronto in trade. One way or the other it sounds like Maggette is leaving town, and as many as six NBA teams inquired about him last summer and again at the trade deadline. He brings a wide array of skills and would look good next to Calderon and make life easier for Chris Bosh with his ability to create a shot from anywhere. Now, however, the LA Times is reporting that the Clippers might prefer to make a run at Calderon.

Calderon is a restricted free agent, but both he and the Raptors have been open about their intention to re-marry as soon as players can be signed in July. The Clippers would have to make him a pretty impressive deal to get him away from the Raptors, who can ultimately offer him more under the CBA. It seems much more likely that the Clippers make a deal for Ford, but we'll continue to follow this story as it evolves.

Livingston habla, entre otras cosas, de su futuro:

Clippers guard Shaun Livingston said Thursday that the day is coming very soon when he will be cleared to have basketball-related activity.

“It could be within 2-3 weeks, it could be less than that,” Livingston said. “But it’s definitely right around the corner. It’s definitely on deck. Everything’s cool and we’re sticking with the game plan.”

It seems like eons since the last time Livingston has been on the court. His recovery and rehabilitation from a devastating left injury now is in its 16th month.

“I’ve been putting all of my strength work and all of my exercises and putting that into basketball-related form. So, it’s looking real good.”

Livingston said his initial contact work would consist of playing one-on-one, two-on-two, three-on-three and finally five-on-five.

“It will be some one-on-one, full court, where I’m bringing the ball up the court under pressure,” Livingston said.

Los Angeles is a mecca for off-season pickup games, involving NBA players, and Livingston said he hopes to be able to play in those games, without any restraint.

But first things, first. The Clippers have until June 30 to tender the 22-year old Livingston a qualifying offer of $5.8 million. Otherwise, he would become an unrestricted free agent, the following day.

“I’d like to have my contract situation worked out, before I do anything, as far as any five-on-five, open gym stuff,” Livingston said. “But if not…hey, I’ve been sitting out too long.”

Livingston said his agent, Henry Thomas, and the Clippers are not actively negotiating but discussions are certain to resume soon.

“Really, I know (the Clippers) want to wait and see what I’ve got and what I’m going to be able to do, and my limitations and restrictions,” Livingston said. “But I think people are going to be fairly surprised.”

Livingston said he does not know what the Clippers’ decision would be, in regards to the June 30th deadline.

“They could pick it up, they could let it go, to see what’s out there for me,” he said. “All I can do is to be here every day, working out, getting better, and getting ready for next season.”

Obviously, Livingston would like the Clippers to tender him the qualifying offer.

“Definitely,” Livingston said. “But I anticipate being back with the Clippers, regardless if it’s with the qualifying offer or whatever the deal is. I look forward to being back, because I’d like to stay in L.A. But it’s whatever direction they decide to go in. I’m on board to be playing, wherever that is.”

There are clear indications from Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy and vice president of basketball operations Elgin Baylor that they want Livingston back, only not at $5.8 million.

Including the entire 82-game season he missed this year, injuries have cost Livingston 181 games out of a possible 324 games since his rookie season in 2004-2005.

“I would definitely understand but on the other hand I know that I’m competitive and I know what I’m going to bring to the table,” Livingston said. “It’s going to be an asset and assets aren’t necessarily free.

“On the other hand, I’m not out here asking for Gilbert Arenas money. I recognize the situation. I’m not naive. I understand that it’s a business. But I’m out here to play ball and make teams better. That’s what I look forward to doing for the Clippers.”

Livingston said at times it has been mentally excruciating, not being able to play the game that he has loved for so long.

“That’s why when I get back, it’s going to be even more of an anticipation,” he said. “I’m going to have an even more harder drive and a deeper hunger.”

Repescaremos a Korolev para las ligas de verano:

After spending this past season getting sporadic playing time with the Russian professional team Dynamo Moscow, Yaroslav Korolev, the Clippers’ former first-round draft pick, is back in Los Angeles and working out for what he hopes is a return to the NBA.

Although his two years spent with the Clippers were far from fruitful in establishing him as a solid NBA player, the 21-year old Korolev said it was a great experience.

“I learned a lot and I’m sure that I’m a better player,” he said. “I still appreciate everything that happened and I don’t have any bad feelings. Right now, at my age, I’m still young. I know the kitchen now. My goal is to get back to the NBA.”

The first step, according to Korolev, is to try to attain a spot on one of the NBA’s summer league teams that will be playing next month in Las Vegas.

The road back, however, will be difficult. After being a lottery pick of the Clippers in 2005, selected 14th overall in the draft, Korolev languished on the bench. He played a total of only 34 games in two years and the Clippers declined to exercise the third-year option of his rookie contract, which made Korolev an unrestricted free agent.

The 6-foot-9 Korolev was 18 years old, when the Clippers drafted him, on the backing of Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, who had scouted Korolev in a junior European tournament, and felt he had a tremendous upside.

However, Korolev failed to develop as rapidly as Dunleavy had hoped.

After not having the third-year option on his contract exercised, Korolev did not receive any promising offers of a guaranteed contract from another NBA team. As a result, accepted a partially-guaranteed offer by the Clippers to come to training camp last fall. He was the team’s final cut and when no other team picked him up, Korolev signed with Dynamo Moscow, in December 2007.

Although career-wise, Korolev’s stint in the NBA did not pan out successfully the first time around, financially he did fine, getting paid $1.4 million his rookie season and $1.52 million his second year. Korolev bought a house in Los Angeles’ south bay area, which he still owns.

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 14 Jun 2008, 18:11

Más sobre el futuro de Livingston:

Henry Thomas, the agent for Clippers guard Shaun Livingston, said Friday that there currently are no talks going on between he and the team.

However, Thomas said he expects to be in contact with the Clippers, with the deadline of June 30th approaching.

That’s the day that day that the Clippers must tender Livingston a minimum contract offer of $5.8 million. Otherwise, Livingston would become an unrestricted free agent the following day.

“I’m open to whatever they come with,” Thomas said.

Thomas, however, said that he expects the Clippers to make that $5.8 million offer to Livingston.

“If they don’t, then he’s free,” Thomas said. “That’s in (Livingston’s) best interest and they’re fully aware of that.”

Although Livingston missed the entire 2007-2008 season, while recovering from a devastating left knee injury, and he has missed 181 games due to injury in his four-year career, Thomas said Livingston fully expects to be completely healthy for the upcoming season.

The 22-year old Livingston has been working out daily, at the Clippers’ interim Spectrum South practice court, but has not yet been cleared for contact.

From all indications, the Clippers want Livingston back but are believed to be seeking to negotiate a compromised contract deal with him, at a reduced salary.

clipper

por clipper » 14 Jun 2008, 20:44

Ya empiezan los típicos managers tocapelotas con lo de Livingston...

Si le parece los Clippers le van a pagar 5 millones de dólares por un tío que quizás no pueda jugar más en su vida. Y que cuando velva es muy probable que haya perdido mucha rapidez y que cuando vuelva es muy probable QUE SE VUELVA A LESIONAR!!!!

El historial de este tío con las lesiones es de traca- Primera temporada 30 partidos, 2ª 61partidos, 3ª 54 partidos y 4ª 0 partidos...Total 141 partidos en 4 temporadas o sea que de media juega 35 partidos...Total:

PRESIDENTE CRISTAL DE BOHEMIA

Y aún viene el mánager amenazando...A la p**a calle!!!

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 14 Jun 2008, 22:41

Yo con Livingston lo sigo teniendo claro: ejercer la opción, y según como le vaya o lo que haga el próximo año, tomar la decisión final de quedarnos con él o darle puerta. Aparte, sería el suplente del base que llegue en verano. Si vuelve a tener problemas, siempre nos quedará Brevin Knight como tercer base.

mickeal_singleton

por mickeal_singleton » 14 Jun 2008, 23:02

han dicho en otro post de este foro que james singleton podria volver a los angeles... sabeis algo?
mickeal-singleton-hansen

MAMA, ENAMORADO ESTOY! HE VISTO AL BASKONIA, HE VISTO AL BASKONIA!

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 14 Jun 2008, 23:43

Será para participar en las ligas de verano, me imagino. Otro ex-clipper, el ruso Korolev, formará parte del equipo que mandarán lo Clippers a las mismas.

sugarfree

por sugarfree » 15 Jun 2008, 15:16

han dicho en otro post de este foro que james singleton podria volver a los angeles... sabeis algo?

Yo por lo que he leido en los foros americanos, Singleton es un jugador muy querido en L.A, y que por lo visto dejo buen recuerdo minetras estuvo alli, he llegaod a leer que algunos lo prefieren a Tim Thomas...

No me extranyaria que lo repescasen para las ligas de verano porque a mi ya me parecio raro en su momento que jugase tan poco.

En cuanto a Korolev sigo creyendo en el! ya vereis como al final no es un pick perdido :mrgreen:
Zig Zag Clip Attack!

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 15 Jun 2008, 15:38

Por Milwaukee dicen que nos interesa Michael Redd:

Redd has piqued the curiosity of a bunch of teams, including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers. But Redd has two guaranteed years left on his contract for $33 million, plus a player’s option for another $18.3 million.

Mientras tanto, el agente de Livingston sigue hablando:

Henry Thomas, the agent for Clippers’ guard Shaun Livingston, said Saturday that he is open for discussion with whatever contract numbers the team wants to negotiate and is not stuck on the $5.8 million offer the Clippers must tender to Livingston by June 30, to retain his rights.

“I’m open to whatever they come with,” Thomas said. “I don’t have any expectations.”

The Clippers have indicated strongly that they want to keep Livingston, who has been snakebitten by injuries during his four NBA seasons. However, they are reluctant to extend him the tender offer.

Livingston missed the entire 2007-2008 season, while recovering from a catastrophic left knee injury that he suffered Feb. 26, 2007, in a game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

He has been on an intensive rehabilitation program for the past 15 months and Livingston said several days ago that he is very close to being cleared for basketball-related contact.

Livingston becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, if the Clippers do not extend him the $5.8 million offer.

The Chicago-based Thomas reiterated that the two sides have not come to the discussion table as of yet but that he expects that to happen fairly soon.

“We don’t have a date set to talk,” Thomas said. “But I’m sure that we’ll be speaking before the end of the month.”

Sobre Singleton, pues personalmente lo prefiero a Ross. Defensivamente están a la par, pero creo que Singleton aportaba algo más en ataque, aparte que tiene (o tenía antes de su lesión) mejores condiciones físicas. Y sí que dejó un buen recuerdo en la franquicia, hasta el punto que en la propia web de la misma informaban de la evolución de su lesión y que como le fueron las cosas en el Baskonia.

Del tema Korolev, no sé que tal le fue la cosa en Rusia, pero viendo los problemas que hemos tenido este año, pudo tener la oportunidad de jugar minutos en la NBA, y de justificar su alta elección en el draft (no olvidemos que escogimos a Thornton en el pick 14, y el ruso fue un pick 12).

sugarfree

por sugarfree » 15 Jun 2008, 16:10

Sobre Singleton, pues personalmente lo prefiero a Ross. Defensivamente están a la par, pero creo que Singleton aportaba algo más en ataque, aparte que tiene (o tenía antes de su lesión) mejores condiciones físicas. Y sí que dejó un buen recuerdo en la franquicia, hasta el punto que en la propia web de la misma informaban de la evolución de su lesión y que como le fueron las cosas en el Baskonia.

Pues yo a Ross espero que lo consigan retener porque es de largo el mejor defensor de perimetro del equipo, eso si mas de 3 kilos por temporada ni de coña.
Zig Zag Clip Attack!

orly_

por orly_ » 15 Jun 2008, 16:17

como podeis ser tan basurillas de seguir a un equipo tan pakete?
[img]http://i5.tinypic.com/8bxulv4.png[/img]

antes 1337

8_Kirk_Hinrich_8

por 8_Kirk_Hinrich_8 » 15 Jun 2008, 16:20

orly_ escribió:como podeis ser tan basurillas de seguir a un equipo tan pakete?

A algunos sus padres les tendrían que poner control parental impidiéndoles entrar a este foro. Seguro que todos lo agradeceriamos.

Ni caso gente, a ver si nos traemos a Brand para Chicago :mrgreen:
[i]"El mundo habrá terminado de joderse el día en que el hombre viaje en primera y la literatura en el vagón de carga."[/i]

Mr. Cátering

por Mr. Cátering » 15 Jun 2008, 16:50

8_Kirk_Hinrich_8 escribió:

A algunos sus padres les tendrían que poner control parental impidiéndoles entrar a este foro. Seguro que todos lo agradeceriamos.

Déjalo anda, que seguro que es de los Lakers. Ya llorará esta noche cuando Pierce levante el Larry O'Brien en el Staples.

¿Brand a Chicago?. Dadnos a Hinrich, Deng o Chapu y vuestro pick y os damos a Brand y nuestra elección en el draft con un lacito y una tarjeta de felicidades.

8_Kirk_Hinrich_8

por 8_Kirk_Hinrich_8 » 15 Jun 2008, 16:58

Mr. Cátering escribió:
8_Kirk_Hinrich_8 escribió:

Déjalo anda, que seguro que es de los Lakers. Ya llorará esta noche cuando Pierce levante el Larry O'Brien en el Staples.

¿Brand a Chicago?. Dadnos a Hinrich, Deng o Chapu y vuestro pick y os damos a Brand y nuestra elección en el draft con un lacito y una tarjeta de felicidades.

El pick de segunda ronda, ¿no? :mrgreen:
Con Hinrich + algo váis sobrados, no te pases que Paxson sabe de HESTO (por supuesto HESTO no es contratar entrenadores lo más rápidamente posible).
[i]"El mundo habrá terminado de joderse el día en que el hombre viaje en primera y la literatura en el vagón de carga."[/i]

RunningWild

por RunningWild » 15 Jun 2008, 22:26

Brand x Gordon, Deng y Noah por lo menos

Pero vaya, yo a Brand solo lo soltaba por Stoudemire,Garnett o Duncan :P

8_Kirk_Hinrich_8

por 8_Kirk_Hinrich_8 » 15 Jun 2008, 22:33

RunningWild escribió:Brand x Gordon, Deng y Noah por lo menos

Pero vaya, yo a Brand solo lo soltaba por Stoudemire,Garnett o Duncan :P

Sí, y de paso os damos el United Center y a Rose, mientras Paxson le hace una felación a Baylor, que por cierto espero que no sea tan exigente como vosotros :D