Minnesota Timberwolves 2019-20: No hay manera :facepalm:
Moderadores: tiko5, hastrakan, der König81

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 17 Dic 2016, 00:05

La carga de minutos es buena para que los jugadores se conozcan y aprendan los esquemas del entrenador... hasta que lleguen las lesiones

La gerencia estaria buscando reforzar el juego interior, con pocos minutos Cole Aldrich y Jordan Hill podrian salir... hasta Adreian Payne y Nemanja Bjelica... ¿y de John Lucas no dicen nada?
A Nikola Pekovic lo deben aguantar para cuadrar traspasos...
Imagen

sdmasche

Re: Minnesota Wolves 16-17: Este año... tampoco

por sdmasche » 22 Dic 2016, 12:08

Bueno, pues importante victoria en Atlanta, 3 W en los últimos 4 partidos, y porque tiramos el de Houston, deberían ser 4 seguidas.

La defensa está comenzando a dar señales de vida, creo que hay una mejora evidente en la defensa de pick & roll y en las ayudas, aunque seguimos teniendo lapsus, ayer por ejemplo Schröder anotó bastantes bandejas sin ninguna (o con muy poca) oposición.

Me ha gustado mucho más Towns en los últimos partidos, jugando más por dentro, atacando el rebote y más sólido en defensa. Esta es la línea a seguir.

Mañana a seguir en casa ante Sacramento.

Baerd

por Baerd » 03 Ene 2017, 14:14

Articulo de hace unos días, no sé cómo andará la estadística, pero he tenido un diciembre demasiado disipado.

Towns-Wiggins-LaVine rank fourth among all three-player combos in minutes together with 728, and the duo of Towns and Wiggins is third in the two-player lineup category with 882. While the starters in general and these three in particular are beginning to coalesce, the growing pains are apparent, particularly on defense.

For example, according nba.com, in the 825 minutes Towns is on the court with LaVine, the Wolves are -68. In the 167 minutes Towns plays without LaVine, the Wolves are +6. The difference is defense. When Towns and LaVine are together, the Wolves defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) is 111.4. Without LaVine, Towns has a defensive rating of 106.1, a 5.3 points difference that swamps the 0.8 point gain in offensive efficiency when the two are paired.

But before we blast LaVine’s shoddy defense, consider that Towns drags LaVine’s defenses numbers down more than vice versa. That 111.4 defensive rating as a pair plummets to 100.8 points per 100 possessions when LaVine plays without Towns. The discrepancy comes from LaVine playing more often with the bench, which has better defensive numbers and worse offensive efficiency. Hence, unlike Towns, LaVine’s offensive efficiency suffers by 5.4 points per 100 possessions in lineups without KAT.

What is revealing either way, however, is how much better the Wolves have played defense when Towns and LaVine are separated.

Another compelling comparison (with a hat tip to Wolves status guru Paul Swanson and updated numbers from nba.com) is how much better Wiggins plays when LaVine is off the court. In 777 minutes of Wiggins and LaVine together, the Wolves are -56. But in the 255 minutes Wiggins plays without LaVine, Minnesota is +16. Again, defensive efficiency is the biggest negative factor.

By contrast, LaVine’s per-minute plus/minus numbers are essentially the same with or without Wiggins on the court.

To complete the roundelay, let’s look at the Towns-Wiggins combo. What jumps out here is how vital Wiggins seems to be for Towns’ effectiveness thus far. Yes, Towns and Wiggins are -26 in their 884 minutes on the court together. But in the 108 minutes Towns plays without Wiggins, he is -36, a whopping -12 points per 36 minutes.

What this all suggests is that if the Wolves can find a more rugged wing player to play small forward, pushing Wiggins back to shooting guard, he would be more effective. At the same time, making LaVine a dynamic sixth man off the bench with quality defenders also shows signs of promise.

All this is a work in progress, of course. And the progress currently consuming Thibs is how to make the “Big 3” mesh as a unit.
Imagen
Tiempo de sueños.

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 15 Ene 2017, 18:33

Tres victorias seguidas contra Dallas, Houston y Oklahoma para acabar la gira texana contra Dallas, hoy a las ocho de la tarde, y San Antonio, el martes...
Zach LaVine podria perderse su tercer partido por un golpe en la cadera, dos buenos partidos de Brandon Rush como titular
Imagen

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 15 Ene 2017, 20:18

Zach LaVine titular contra Dallas
Imagen

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 21 Ene 2017, 01:57

Treinta y siete puntos de Carlos Antonio Pueblos y victoria contra Clippers

Imagen

Baerd

por Baerd » 29 Ene 2017, 10:08

Imagen
Tiempo de sueños.

Baerd

por Baerd » 29 Ene 2017, 11:04

It is a bold gambit designed to take the most talented young triumvirate on any one team in the NBA and fast-forward their development into savvy veterans. Furthermore, Thibs wants his star trio to utilize their phenomenal skills in sync with a disciplined system that maximizes everyone’s contribution and fosters teamwork.

There are some huge risks, or at least complications, in this strategy. One is that by tutoring his vast knowledge of the game so hard, so fast, and so relentlessly over the course of the season, Thibodeau could muck up the positive, intuitively flowing elements of their spectacular performance and dampen their enthusiasm for the learning process.

Each of the three young stars has a distinct personality. LaVine has the carefree affability of a gym rat. Towns has the earnest over-accountability of a teacher’s pet. And Wiggins has the implacable stoicism of a well-fortified enigma.

But what they share is a lifelong ability to blow observers away with what they can do on a basketball court. If anything that has only gotten stronger and more ingrained as they find their way through this highest level of hoops competition.

Because they play for the least successful franchise in modern NBA history and are logging the heavy minutes that produce gaudy statistics, the core trio are ideal maws in the ongoing hype machine. Whenever the Wolves come to an opponents’ town, or play on national television, visiting media and other folks who don’t keep up with the team’s exploits have the easiest way to simultaneously promote and label the Wolves — a long-terrible team now slowly on the rise due to three incredible talents.

And they are incredible. LaVine is a two-time winner of the slam dunk championship who has added a reliable three-point shot to his arsenal, teasing him out to be a potentially un-guardable matchup. Towns is the prototypical modern big man who can score from anywhere on the court and has skills that resemble a guard as much as a center. Wiggins may well be the best athlete of the three, with laser-quickness to his leaps and spins, and a thirst for being the go-to guy in crunch time.

But in 43 games under Thibodeau, they have been less than the sum of their individual parts. On offense, they are more baton-passers than synergistic enablers. On defense, they are each wretchedly inconsistent and chronically prone to mental lapses that are often ruinous to team play.

Put bluntly, the great danger here is that the heralded coach and the star trio are a bad match. The detailed, demanding Thibs is expecting that his kids want to achieve real greatness, which only comes with team success, and will thus trust and endure this often rocky and discomfiting crash course toward NBA maturation. That’s a lot to ask from a trio of publicity-pampered kids, who have entourages, be it social media or two-bit fame-by-association junkies, whether they want to or not.

So alienation is one risk. Another is that, even if the kids buy in, the task Thibs is trying to pull off — the simultaneous maturation and cohesion of three alpha talents in breakneck speed with minimal veteran seasoning — is simply too ambitious to execute, and may cause more harm than good.
Imagen
Tiempo de sueños.

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 31 Ene 2017, 23:57

Minnesota podria empezar a hacer los tramites para que el salario de Nikola Pekovic deje de contar si se confirma que la lesion en el tendon de Aquiles le obliga a retirarse
Imagen

ManiacRR

por ManiacRR » 01 Feb 2017, 15:24

Pues nada, adiós Pek. Supongo que buscarán algo de veterania en la FA para rellenar los 15 huecos. Nos quedamos con 13 pues.
Imagen

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 04 Feb 2017, 23:11

Derrota contra Detroit... Ricky Rubio siendo el mejor anotador de tres entre los titulares: dos de cuatro... el resto cero
https://watch.nba.com/game/20170203/MINDET
Imagen

joanmo1994

por joanmo1994 » 04 Feb 2017, 23:31

LaVine se pierde lo que resta de temporada...

Enviado desde mi EVA-L09 mediante Tapatalk
Som i serem ACB. Força Resa! :amor:

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 04 Feb 2017, 23:57

Como comentan, Zach LaVine se ha roto el ligamento cruzado anterior de la rodilla izquierda y estara fuera toda la temporada
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/02/04/m ... t-torn-acl

Ocurrio contra Detroit...
https://youtu.be/C_IHwO4NZp0?t=47s

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 05 Feb 2017, 17:34

JaMychal Green haciendo maxima anotacion contra Minnesota... Jordan Hill debia aportar musculo en el juego interior...
Si Minnesota consigue liberar el espacio de Nikola Pekovic, pasar a "Grogui" Dieng al puesto de C suplente y un PF que aporte musculo puede que cosas como esas no se repitan
Que Hill salga al menos a dar un par de palos por partido debe estar muy mal visto
http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/15/th ... rdan-hill/
Imagen

Baerd

por Baerd » 06 Feb 2017, 12:53

Por cierto, lo de Lavine será casualidad, pero que lleve semanas tocado y acabe rompiéndose y teniendo al trío comiéndose minutada tras minutada es cuánto menos para estar irritado con Thibs.

Copio aquí la entrevista de Robson a Thibs, qué parece un poco de la escuela de Rubio de no decir nada, aunque algo interesante se puede sacar aparte del estamos mejorando, nuevo sistema tienen que interiorizarlo, vamos avanzando y se cometen errores de juventud. bla bla bla.

https://www.minnpost.com/sports/2017/02 ... -thibodeau

https://www.minnpost.com/sports/2017/02 ... qa-part-ii

That is part of it. And to me that is why the nine guys works better than ten. I like the guys that we have and Brandon deserves more time and Tyus deserves more time and they are ready and I know it and I feel really good about that. But the other part of that is Zach getting his minutes, Wig getting his minutes. And then you could divide that spot [swingman off the bench] up two ways or one way, but [if it is two ways] you are probably not going to get the same production out of either guy. And so you have got to make a tough decision.

Now the one thing is we haven’t really had many injuries. So the big thing is to get Bazz 20 minutes and [so] that basically is what you have to do.

Es un cachondo.

And Bjelly, I like the way Bjelly plays. It opens up the floor for us. I know he’s not shooting well right now but I think it will come around.

MP: How do you get toughness into Bjelly? He can be pushed around.

TT: To me it is also he does have good anticipation, he’s got good quickness. He is not going to out-muscle somebody. But he can out-quick people. So I think that’s what he has to utilize. And I still think he is adjusting. It takes some time. When he is on — he is actually practicing a lot better than he is playing right now and he can play well without shooting well. He is a better driver than most people realize and I think defensively his length is helpful — he is probably a better rebounder than people think.

I also think that [second unit] group works well together. I like the flexibility we have now with Bazz, his ability to go to the 4.

MP: You’ve done that more recently.

TT: I think we have gotten more comfortable with it. You’re small, and part of it is that Wig and Zach have to rebound better, and they done that, and Bazz, and of course Karl has just been dominant.

But I do want to get [Towns] closer to the basket, just because of the shot-blocking. Particularly at the end of the game. He goes after it, and he impacts shots around the rim. And G [Dieng] does as well but I think that is where Towns is going to be great.

Esto me parece muy interesante, y yo estoy de acuerdo ahí.

Does Gorgui still communicate a lot more than any of the other starters? Or is Karl picking it up?

TT: Karl has improved. Gorgui is further along — again, that’s experience.

MP: And that level of experience, instinct, and communication is why KG and [Tayshaun] Prince had such ridiculously good defensive stats for this team last season.

TT: Oh yeah, yeah. I mean Kevin; Kevin is different.

MP: Not only are his calls great but his positioning …

TT: Everything! A to Z. A to Z. It’s funny because, I obviously coached him in Boston, and it was unreal. And then even when I was in Chicago, coaching against him, and even when I coached against him when he was here in Minnesota the first time. You would always tell your team, ‘Don’t try to throw over Kevin.’ [Laughs] And then you’d tell them, ‘Don’t try to enter [a pass] into the elbow [area of the court]. Try to take him as far away as possible from the play.’ That’s how much impact he had on the game defensively.

See, the best thing about Kevin was, well, just the way he practiced. What people saw in games was exactly the way Kevin practiced, every day. And so, to me, that is the best type of leadership that you can have.

Offensively, he was the same: Everything he did was about the team. Like in Boston sometimes he’d pass up a wide open shot and Ray Allen would be the next guy. And Kevin would say, ‘I’m open, Ray’s open, he’s getting the ball.’ That’s Kevin.

Or Kevin would be yelling, ‘I’m swinging it, the ball has got to go side to side.’

Do you worry that you might not have a guy who sacrifices like that among your three young guys?

TT: The thing is, I want them to be connected. I want them to be able to play off each other and that is where they are growing right now.

This is what I like about where Karl is going. There are teams that are coming right at him now. And without hesitation, he has moved the ball. He hasn’t fought the double-team, he is kicking it out and we are getting great shots from it. Wig is starting to do the same thing. Zach hasn’t been double-teamed as much recently, but he’s willing to give it up.

Zach is moving a lot better without the ball. I feel like when he is coming off [a screen] on the catch-and-shoot he is wide open. The same thing in that if he doesn’t have a shot he is playing off the pass more. It’s really good.

But they have to be connected. And I think G is one of those guys that does sacrifice a lot.

MP: He is a sacrificer.

TT: And Ricky is too. He’ll play off the pass. And that is also one of the things I like about Kris. He’ll throw the ball ahead too. He’s looking for his shooters in transition.

Kris has given us great defense and has made plays you rarely see rookies make defensively.]
Imagen
Tiempo de sueños.

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 07 Feb 2017, 23:36

Minnesota firmara a... Lance Stephenson... un contrato de diez dias

Imagen
Imagen

El Hespíritu

por El Hespíritu » 11 Mar 2017, 05:24

Ya que estoy...
Ya que soy...
Porque el que está, es.
Y el que es, está.

Imagen
-Les digo: "Caballeros, ruego desistan; sus diferencias son cosa suya
Esforcémonos en preservar el decoro y armonía que rigen este Refugio"
-¿Y si no le hacen caso?
-Los mato y los tiro al mar

huraes

por huraes » 11 Mar 2017, 09:29

El Hespíritu escribió:Ya que estoy...
Ya que soy...
Porque el que está, es.
Y el que es, está.

Me alegra verte por aki ;)
Imagen

Dime que no puedo hacerlo y tendré un motivo más para intentarlo

https://twitter.com/MempThisGrizzES

Yonkikong

por Yonkikong » 11 Mar 2017, 13:29

Buena victoria contra GSW, os dará confianza para seguir luchando por PO
Imagen

The Real Suplicio

Minnesota TimberWolves

por The Real Suplicio » 14 Mar 2017, 22:46

Record de partidos consecutivos en Minnesota con mas de veinte puntos: veintiuno por ahora

Record de asistencias en Minnesota: diecinueve

Imagen