Minnesota Timberwolves 2019-20: No hay manera :facepalm:
Moderadores: tiko5, hastrakan, der König81

atleti

por atleti » 12 Sep 2009, 17:22

henrykpueb escribió:Muy bien David Kahn, luchando en Badalona por Ricky, y vuelve y hace dos buenos movimientos...bien bien, si señor...

Lo malo es si alguno de los FA del año que viene querrán venir aquí sin más o pedirán un pastón diciendo ''hombre, ya que vengo a Minnesota, almenos pagadme más, no?''...

Nos puede quedar un equipo competitivo...2010-2011 es nuestra temporada :P :D

Ricky...who? :mrgreen: :roll:

Hombre hacer un viaje tan largo para intentar traer semejante petardo es como hacerselo mirar. Y si es el el que ha elegido en semejante puesto del draft a este pues tb, porque madre mia no he visto a nadie en mi vida tirar peor a canasta. Que horror de jugador. Gracias a Dios que no lo habeis traido

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 15 Sep 2009, 12:58

Lo que es para hacerse mirar es pensar que Ricky es un petardo o que no merece un pick 5...eso sí que se debe analizar.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Ge ... 09_14.html

Entrevista a Dave Wolh, que no dice mucho pero bueno incide en eso que se quiere vender desde la franquicia, de ser la mejor o una top en el desarrollo individual de los jugadores.
Imagen

henrykpueb

por henrykpueb » 15 Sep 2009, 15:49

Es que tu imaginate ahora tener a Flynn y Curry, por ejemplo...
Imagen

Imagen

First name Russell. Last name Wilson. Middle name Champion.

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 15 Sep 2009, 17:22

Yo creo que eso es perder la perspectiva, entiendo las criticas a elegir a Flynn teniendo a Rubio, todo se puede valorar y discutir, Flynn parece una elección porque gusta y por la situación contractual de Rubio.

Ahora bien, dejar pasar a Rubio en ese momento, situemonos hace 3 meses, eso sí que seria un error historico, que Rubio puede que no juegue jamás aquí? probable.

Que era el jugador con mayor valor a la hora de elegir, tambien. Y probablemente sin ese Buyout, el segundo jugador mas valorado del draft.

Y ya veremos el valor de Rubio en 3 años, y lo que nos han dado Sessions y Flynn, pero Ricky es un diamante, sí con mal tiro, pero solo hay que verlo varios partidos para saber que ese chico tiene un techo y unas perspectivas con las que Curry solo puede soñar.
Imagen

ronsu

por ronsu » 16 Sep 2009, 11:24

Qué os parece la llegada de Pavlovic?
[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kryvz1EPnv1qa4i1l.png[/img]
[url]http://www.blogicontinuacio.com[/url]

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 16 Sep 2009, 11:34

ronsu escribió:Qué os parece la llegada de Pavlovic?

Por un año..y a ese precio.....excelente. Es más jugador que Carney, que basicamente es nuestra perdida, y no compromete el 2010 y nos da defensa y un jugador inteligente. Bien Bien.

Seguimos tapando agujeros, sí bien no sé lo que acabará jugando, nos viene de lujo.

Sí no me equivoco ya tenemos 15 jugadores.

Y en las proximas semanas se puede añadir al contrato de Atkins(no garantizado) otro contrato, y estoy practicamente convencido que saldrá para tapar agujeros salariales a alguna franquicia levemente por encima del limite.
(apuesto por un Blount + Atkins)

ED:

Sessions quickly agreed, but Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn was even faster on the dial.

"When I found out he wasn't coming over, me and my agent talked about it, and not five hours later (the Timberwolves) were calling," Sessions said Tuesday. "It was the best situation for me and I'm happy to be here."

"Clearly if Ricky would have come, there wouldn't have been an opportunity to add Ramon," Kahn said at Sessions' introductory press conference. "We would have been filled up in the backcourt and there wouldn't have been enough playing time for somebody of Ramon's caliber to join us.
Imagen

sammet

por sammet » 16 Sep 2009, 13:10

baerd_drow escribió:Lo que es para hacerse mirar es pensar que Ricky es un petardo o que no merece un pick 5...eso sí que se debe analizar.

Entrevista a Dave Wolh, que no dice mucho pero bueno incide en eso que se quiere vender desde la franquicia, de ser la mejor o una top en el desarrollo individual de los jugadores.

No le hagáis caso, es atleti. El mismo que opinaba que Jeff Green era una mierda de jugador y que no pagar 20 millones por temporada a Rashard Lewis fue una cagada de los Sonics.

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 16 Sep 2009, 21:52

Mcfale313 wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:
The Knicks also expressed interest in Pavlovic.

One more point for Kahn.

The knicks wanna draft Rubio, we drafted him
The knicks wanna draft Flynn as a replacement, we drafted our 2nd PG of the draft ahead of 'em
The knicks in serious talk with Ramon Sessions, we signed him to an offer sheet
The knicks was just interested in Sasha Pavlovic, we signed him a few hours later
if you can see some kind of pattern, here's one more thing,

The knicks are interested in LeBron James and Dwayne Wade for summer 2010

:D :D :D :jeje:
Imagen

henrykpueb

por henrykpueb » 16 Sep 2009, 22:01

baerd_drow escribió:
Mcfale313 wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:
The Knicks also expressed interest in Pavlovic.

One more point for Kahn.

The knicks wanna draft Rubio, we drafted him
The knicks wanna draft Flynn as a replacement, we drafted our 2nd PG of the draft ahead of 'em
The knicks in serious talk with Ramon Sessions, we signed him to an offer sheet
The knicks was just interested in Sasha Pavlovic, we signed him a few hours later
if you can see some kind of pattern, here's one more thing,

The knicks are interested in LeBron James and Dwayne Wade for summer 2010

:D :D :D :jeje:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Imagen

Imagen

First name Russell. Last name Wilson. Middle name Champion.

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 21 Sep 2009, 16:21

El niño nos ha ganado el europeo, y callando alguna boca en los cruces.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Ba ... turnaround

Entrevista a Rambis.

Of all the talk around the Timberwolves this year, I think one thing that gets overlooked is Al Jefferson coming back from the knee injury. How is he, and what are you looking for from him?

KR: Al is good from all reports. He is still recovering, but he has been cleared for more and more contact. What we want most from him is better individual and team defense. I think one thing that has happened is that the team has relied on him so heavily on the offensive side that he just doesn't have the energy to give to defense. But we made clear to him that in order to be accepted in the next tier of players, he will have to improve on the defensive end.

A ver a ver.

SN: One thing about being the coach of a young team is that you can often find that, by the time your team matures, you've been fired. Is that a concern heading into this job?

KR: That was one of the issues I tried to address in negotiating the contract. (Rambis signed a four-year deal with Minnesota.) This is a project. We need a new culture and a new direction, and that takes time. Clearly, the Western Conference is tough, and talent-wise, we need to improve. Not only from the standpoint of developing the individuals who are here, but in terms of the draft picks and young players we bring in. The length of the contract gave me confidence that we could do that.

Ojalá, el ha dejado escapar en parte la oportunidad de ser Entrenador en los Lakers despues de que se retire Phil, así que espero que aquí cuaje.
Imagen

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 23 Sep 2009, 13:08

AL final no habra traspaso usando la TO de Atkins, y lo cortamos nosotros, ahorrando 3 kilos

The Wolves on Tuesday waived veteran guard Chucky Atkins, agreeing to pay him the due $760,000 for a $3.48 million contract that was most non-guaranteed. That cost savings is why Kahn traded Etan Thomas and two future second-round picks to Oklahoma City in late July for Atkins and Damien Wilkins.

At the time, Kahn hinted that Atkins’ contract might soon be traded away for another piece of the proverbial puzzle. That never happened, and Tuesday they cashed in the $2.72 million savings themselves.

Also expect veteran center and former Timberwolf Mark Blount — and his $7.96 million expiring contract — to be waived in the next week.

Y Blount se espera que sea cortado. Yo tenia ciertas ilusiones por sacar algun expiring y algun pick por estos 2...una pena.
Imagen

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 24 Sep 2009, 12:41

Blount will not report to training camp next week or participate in the preseason, the Timberwolves announced Wednesday. They said the decision was mutual. Blount will stay at his Miami home while agent Mark Bartelstein tries to find a team where his client can get more playing time.

The 7-foot Blount was acquired in a trade with the Heat last month for guard Quentin Richardson, but the move was merely for salary cap purposes.

"I want to thank Mark for being understanding of our situation of having such a young team, and in particular many young big men that need playing time for their development," Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn said. "Given these circumstances, it would be extremely difficult to find a significant role for Mark, and he deserves the opportunity to be a part of someone's rotation for the upcoming season."

Orejitas no jugará aquí, que tranquilidad.
Imagen

atleti

por atleti » 26 Sep 2009, 16:42

sammet escribió:
baerd_drow escribió:Lo que es para hacerse mirar es pensar que Ricky es un petardo o que no merece un pick 5...eso sí que se debe analizar.

No le hagáis caso, es atleti. El mismo que opinaba que Jeff Green era una mierda de jugador y que no pagar 20 millones por temporada a Rashard Lewis fue una cagada de los Sonics.

Claro hombre, mejor gastarse en total 49 millones y hacer el ridiculo ( eso si con mucho futuro.....), que gastarse 85 ( Westbrook, Allen, Durant, Rashard, Krstic y luchar por el anillo ................muussho mejor

atleti

por atleti » 26 Sep 2009, 16:44

sammet escribió:

Claro hombre, mejor gastarse en total 49 millones y hacer el ridiculo ( eso si con mucho futuro.....), que gastarse 85 ( Westbrook, Allen, Durant, Rashard, Krstic y luchar por el anillo ................muussho mejor

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 26 Sep 2009, 21:39

Timberwolves general manager David Kahn sees rookie point guard Jonny Flynn as a future superstar.

"I'm really eager for this town to get to know Jonny because I think that Jonny has a chance, just because of his innate charisma, to become one of the most popular players to ever play here," Kahn told NBA.com. "I really believe that. And I'm not just talking about basketball. I'm talking about in this city."

Ricky Rubio's decision to stay in Spain for at least two more seasons will give Flynn the opportunity to show what he's capable of right away.

"I truly believe he's that special in terms of his charisma and his leadership capabilities," Kahn added. "I don't want to go too far on the basketball part of it because I don't want to put an inordinate amount of pressure on the kid. I probably have said too much already. But I think that his personality is unique and I think that people will gravitate towards him and it will be fun to watch."

Mas enfocado hacia la personalidad de este chico que la verdad, solo recoge alabanzas, y esa personalidad le puede convertir en seña del equipo, al igual que Love, siendo Big Al un chico de un caracter menos hablador, menos de lider por decirlo así.
Imagen

Pixies

por Pixies » 27 Sep 2009, 02:18

atleti escribió:
sammet escribió:

Con Allen&Lewis no hubiesen seleccionado a Westbrook y dudo de que pudieran meterse a ofrecer un contrato como el de Krstic.

Y aún con ese quinteto no les da para un anillo, por lo tanto la opción de reconstrucción nuevas caras y nueva ciudad es muy buena.

Hasta día de hoy buena gestión de Kahn, lo que podrían haber sido los Wolves con una gestión similar en el pasado :(

HUEVAZOS SOTT

por HUEVAZOS SOTT » 27 Sep 2009, 10:37

Me huele a Bell-Daniels...

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 27 Sep 2009, 13:06

No estaria mal no, pero por Bell pediran algo mas que un expiring.

Yo creo que despues de esto ya se puede decir que tenemos reestructurada la franquicia.
Tanto staff tecnico como los directores de diferentes secciones, al final siguen tanto Hoiberg, como Stack como Sichting, Hoiberg es ascendido y parece la mano derecha y Stack degradado a simple Scout.

Durisic, no recuerdo sí ya era el que teniamos para europa :oveja:

Me alegro por Fred.

Wolves Announce Basketball Operations Restructuring

September 26, 2009
The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced a restructuring of their basketball operations department. The changes in the front office reflect the organization's commitment to a greater emphasis on NBA player scouting.

Fred Hoiberg, who has served as Assistant General Manager for the past three seasons, has been named Vice President of Basketball Operations and will oversee the day-to-day operations of the department. He will report directly to David Kahn, Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations.

Jerry Sichting has been named the Director of Pro Player Personnel. Sichting will oversee the scouting of NBA players as the Timberwolves head into the summer of 2010 with significant salary cap room. He will also confer on a regular basis with head coach Kurt Rambis.

"Jerry's experience in both player personnel and on the bench makes him well suited to handle this important task for us," Kahn said. "This coming summer is obviously an important one for our franchise." Additionally, Rob Babcock has been named Director of Scouting/Administration, Zarko Durisic has been named Director of College and European Player Personnel and Amy Peterson has been named Director of Team Operations.

The Timberwolves will also move to a more regionalized approach to scouting this season, with scouts located in several NBA markets. These scouts will report on both college and pro talent, so that the team has a more integrated approach to player evaluation.

"By regionalizing our scouting and focusing on key markets, we should be able to accumulate more information in a more efficient, cost-effective manner," Kahn said. "These scouts also will be critical in our assessment of free agents and player acquisitions."

The Timberwolves regional scouts will be Milton Barnes, Dean Cooper, Pete Philo, Derek Pierce, J.T. Prada and Jim Stack.
Imagen

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 28 Sep 2009, 12:52

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolve ... page=1&c=y

Entrevista a David Kahn, antes del Media Day, bastante interesante y tocando diferentes palos.

Leedla un rato, holgazanes, yo destaco....

Q Will Ricky Rubio ever play here?

A I believe so. If he doesn't, it's because we've decided we've amply covered ourselves in the backcourt, and it wouldn't be the right fit. I just exchanged a couple of texts with him this week. I'm looking forward to the day when Ricky is in a Timberwolves uniform, and I believe that day will be two years from now.

Vamos cambiando levemente el discurso sin duda, veremos que pasa con Rubio.

Your backcourt is really young. How is it going to be better?

A Sessions is young, but he's got some experience. Jonny is just different. I don't know how to explain it. When you're around him, the kid just seems like he's ready for anything. I don't want to put undue pressure on him, but he doesn't strike me as a typical rookie. Corey's return to the backcourt for at least some minutes there and (Sasha) Pavlovic as well, those four players make us better.

No nombra a Wayne.

In Jonny's case, can personality win games?

A Probably not as starkly as you said it, but can it be helpful in the locker room, on the court, in a variety of other ways? Absolutely. And I think leadership is invaluable, especially in our sport where chemistry is so important. I think Jonny's personality will really permeate this team over time.

Q Who's going to make three-pointers on this team? Is that a concern?

A Sure. We need to become better shooters to help Al, but I also wanted to run. So sometimes you can't have everything you want in one fell summer. We will continue to add pieces next summer.

Q Many of your seven trades have been with only the salary cap in mind. Will you be positioned to sign a free agent next summer who'll be your most well-paid player?

A Possibly. It depends on where the salary cap winds up. Your guess is as good as mine how precipitous the drop will be. Absolutely, we could end up with somebody in that neighborhood of Al (who will make $13 million in 2010-11).

Poco que decir, run run run, es lo que se vende. Y Es realista y no vende motos de PO. Veremos en que acaba lod e Ricky pero ya los discursos no son que jugará aquí seguro. Sigue hablando maravillas de Flynn y que el proximo verano se bsucará firmar a alguien por un salario similar a Big Al.
Imagen

baerd_drow

por baerd_drow » 29 Sep 2009, 13:01

Media Day

Imagen

Jefferson this time reported to the Timberwolves 31 pounds lighter than a year ago,

Imagen
Me gusta esta foto, solo falta Corey Brewer.

Imagen

Imagen
Ha crecido Love o es impresión mia??¿

Imagen
Me gusta me gusta lo que veo en esta.

Y algunas declaraciones.
It also, by Kahn's estimation, has left the Wolves at least another two or three years away from contending for a playoff invitation.

"You can say two or three years," Jefferson said. "People say all that to keep the fans and everybody off their backs. I don't believe it."

"I think he sees our vision," said Rambis, who won six NBA titles [four as a player, two as an assistant coach] in nearly three decades with the Lakers. "He wants to be a leader. He wants to step up and be responsible for this team. Obviously, he's a huge part of our growth and where we're going to go as a team. He's going to absorb that responsibility. He wants to be somebody who does the right things at the right time all the time."

Pues que crezca en defensa.

"He's looking skinny now," said teammate Corey Brewer, who sustained the same injury two months before Jefferson did last season. "He's looks like me now."

:D :D

Y promesa de mejor defensa de Love

"Throughout the whole summer, I thought about playing against guys like KG (Kevin Garnett) and (Tim) Duncan," he said. "My mindset has to be different going into games, getting better on team and individual defense."

Sobre este señor.

Imagen

"Oh, man, I'm just going to say that kid's special," Jefferson said when asked about Flynn at the team's traditional media day Monday. "I don't want to hype him up right now, but I'm so happy that I got a chance to play with him. Just playing 5-on-5 with him these past two weeks, that kid's special. The way he sees the floor. I think he's got a chance to be just as good as Chris Paul.
"That's just my opinion. I know that's saying a lot. But I really believe that."
Imagen