L.A. Clippers 2020/21. I am the Mann
Moderadores: tiko5, hastrakan, der König81

sawyer

Re: L.A. Clippers 2020/21. I am the Mann

por sawyer » 07 May 2023, 22:19

El nuevo convenio salió hace más o menos un mes, pero hasta ahora no lo había leído, claramente es un convenio anti-Warriors y en consecuencia anti-Ballmer.
Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 12 May 2023, 19:45

Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 14 May 2023, 12:31

Imagen

baronroyo

por baronroyo » 15 May 2023, 00:17

¿Por qué tuvimos que aguantar tanto a este tipo? Lo ha vuelto a hacer. Si no tenemos ninguna final disputada o algún anillo es gracias a él. Desaprovechó al Lob City y la primera temporada sin estar lesionados Kawhi y George.
Imagen

baronroyo

por baronroyo » 16 May 2023, 17:27

Imagen

siempre green

por siempre green » 17 May 2023, 10:07

Podéis aprovechar y volver a fichar a TraiDoc
Imagen
Teirum es un arma de destrucción masiva

Cassell

por Cassell » 17 May 2023, 10:43

La ESPN necesita charlatanes. Ese es su sitio.

Parece que la franquicia quiere ofrecerle un nuevo contrato a Lue.
Imagen

baronroyo

por baronroyo » 17 May 2023, 23:52

Imagen

Cassell

por Cassell » 18 May 2023, 18:32

Esto coincide con el interés de Ballmer por contratar como nuevo GM a Bob Myers, el arquitecto de los Warriors, quien acaba contrato a final de temporada y supuestamente ya ha anunciado que no continuará.
Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 18 May 2023, 20:37

Ya se podría interesar también alguna franquicia en Morris o Gordon o incluso en George.
Imagen

baronroyo

por baronroyo » 30 May 2023, 18:26

¿Destino Clippers?
Imagen

Cassell

por Cassell » 01 Jun 2023, 15:29

Winger lo tiene hecho para ser presidente de los Wizards, con lo que el puesto de GM queda vacante. Y Ballmer está dispuesto a sacar la chequera para fichar a Myers.
Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 01 Jun 2023, 16:15

Pero este tipo en la bahía era el presidente (además de GM), si viene aquí o a cualquier otra franquicia es para seguir siendo el jefazo.
Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 05 Jun 2023, 19:33

Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 07 Jun 2023, 20:59

Articulo de The Athletic sobre el draft y posibles trades.
Clippers draft analysis: Paul George trade talk, breaking down prospects and more

By Law Murray and Sam Vecenie
Jun. 7, 2023

The NBA Draft is 15 days away. The LA Clippers are currently slated to be on the clock for the last selection of the first round (30th overall) and a selection in the second round (48th overall).

This will be the first time that the Clippers enter a draft with picks in each of the two rounds in seven years, though, anything can happen on draft day. And this offseason has already seen some shaking up with former general manager Michael Winger moving on to the Washington Wizards and Trent Redden (general manager) and Mark Hughes (senior vice president) being promoted to new roles under president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank.

It’s a critical offseason for the Clippers and head coach Tyronn Lue after winning only one playoff game in two years and with stars Kawhi Leonard and Paul George entering what could be the final years of their contracts. And that offseason accelerates with this month’s draft, so Clippers beat writer Law Murray and draft guru Sam Vecenie discuss LA’s draft options.

Murray: The Clippers aren’t a lottery team. They’ve only had a lottery pick in one draft since 2011. Yet, they’ve also won only three playoff series since 2015 and appear to be entering the last season of their title window. Where do you think the draft fits in with their short- and long-term goals?

Vecenie: Yeah, the Clippers have arguably the most complicated, complex situation to manage in the NBA right now. And frankly, they probably need to make a decision right now on how realistic they think a title is this season. Do they still believe the title window is genuinely open? Do they think they can trust Kawhi Leonard to get through an entire playoff run without missing time, whenever the assignment is playing every other night? In reality, the decision seems to be that they’ll try to contend for a title based on Frank’s comments after their season ended.

I think there is a real case to be early on this decision and break up the team now. I think George would be the most valuable player on the market if they decided to do that, even with only one year and a player option left on his contract. He would bring back a significant return. Another team would probably be willing to take on the significant risk that is Leonard and give up real value to do it given that it’s only a two-year commitment.

I assume that they keep the status quo and try to compete for a championship again this season. But I will just note that I’d rather be early on these choices rather than later. And if the Clippers do a true self-evaluation and feel like the title hopes are minimal due to Leonard’s status, then they should shift priorities and try to rebuild this thing and take the assets they would acquire with such moves to do so.

The approach for the draft is dependent upon that decision. That’s the only reason I bring this up to start the conversation. If you’re choosing to contend for another season, I think they need more help, and that means they should probably approach the draft with a look at trading the pick for some immediate help. It’s highly unlikely that a rookie will step in and be a difference-maker on a title team. And if you’re choosing that this is your last title-window season, then this is your most important season in the next five years. You need to open that window as wide as possible.

The best way to do that is by moving this pick for a veteran. On this team that plays so positionless when healthy outside of Ivica Zubac, I don’t know that a specific position should be the goal but rather they should be looking for some more athletic size, and guys who facilitate ball movement on offense with quick processing speed.

Murray: When I look back at the 2022-23 season specifically for the Clippers, it’s clear to me that if there is one position that needs a makeover this offseason, it is power forward. There is a need for an upgrade in terms of athletic size. What kind of players do you see fitting that archetype in this cycle?

Vecenie: I don’t disagree necessarily with the idea of positional size with athleticism being a bad idea. With how big Leonard and George are, I don’t know that you necessarily need them to be a traditional four but getting more athleticism would be very beneficial.

If they look at the trade route, there are a couple of names that make sense. If the goal is opening up the window as wide as possible next season, it could make sense for them to potentially exploit teams with 2020 NBA Draft first-rounders who are coming up on extension decisions. As we’ve seen in recent years, these players who are about to get expensive tend not to bring back the kind of returns initially invested in them.

For instance, I wonder if something along the lines of No. 30 for Obi Toppin could make sense if the New York Knicks are hesitant on paying Toppin long term, as he’s extension-eligible this offseason. Toppin flashes well in inconsistent minutes, but he hasn’t quite put together a full season. Restarting his timeline with a different player on a rookie-scale deal could make sense for the Knicks as they hunt for a star and keep flexibility available in that search.

The same could be said for Deni Avdija with the Washington Wizards. Avdija is an athletic, multi-positional defender with some ballhandling skills but hasn’t shot the ball well yet. But under a new regime in Washington — led by Winger — is it possible that the new front office maybe doesn’t value Avdija as much as the older one? He also would tick the ball movement box for the Clippers, too. For the Wizards, such a deal would allow the team to bring in a cost-controlled player and maintain flexibility either as they re-sign their current roster or decide to move into a new era.

In terms of draftable players, No. 30 has a few guys that are interesting as players who could tick some of these boxes, too. I think Alabama’s Noah Clowney is probably the ideal player, but he is likely to hear his name called before No. 30 as an athletic four/five hybrid. Marquette’s Olivier-Maxence Prosper is more of a wing than a four, but he’s a tremendous athlete who is about 6 foot 8 in shoes with a 7-foot-1 wingspan. He also defends well on perimeter players. Missouri’s Kobe Brown is a big, physical four who might be able to slide down to the five at times in small-ball settings. The big question with both Brown and Prosper is the jumper after big upperclass leaps on lower-volume 3-point attempts this past season.

Indiana’s Trayce Jackson-Davis is a tremendous vertical athlete who can rebound and protect the rim, but I see him as more of a five because he doesn’t shoot it from distance. I also like Connecticut’s Andre Jackson for them as a Bruce Brown/Gary Payton II hybrid at the four who would help immensely in the athleticism/ball movement departments as one of the best processors of the game in this draft class. UCLA’s Jaime Jaquez Jr. ticks a lot of the Clippers boxes as a four, too.

Murray: It appears any player who the Clippers do select would provide competition for the existing young players on the roster who are already third-stringers, especially recent draftees Jason Preston, Brandon Boston Jr. and Moussa Diabaté. Even considering the “best player available” philosophy, should any of those players be concerned about a similar draftee creating an overlap at their position based on the development you have observed since they left college?

Vecenie: I don’t think the Clippers should be making basketball decisions based on the presence of these players on the roster. Boston Jr. is the most interesting one, and I think that he’s very likely to be a rotation player at some point. It will come whenever his jumper becomes more consistent. He was a bit all over the map from long distance this season in the G League. He’s only 21 and a number of the players I just mentioned in the question above are older than he is. He’s still early in his development and has always had talent. But competition is never a bad thing in cases like this where none of these players have truly established themselves.

Preston had a good year in the G League, but I’m worried about him being able to defend athletically in the NBA. Diabaté works super hard and produces, but I think he’s an energetic center long term and you can find those guys cheaply. He still averaged about three turnovers per game this season in the G League and is a non-shooter. Maybe these guys are rotation players eventually, but they’re not big enough priorities to worry about drafting over them.

Murray: The Clippers have rarely drafted to stash a player. The last time they took an international prospect was in 2016, and the last time an international prospect they drafted debuted for them was Yaroslav Korolev, a 2005 lottery pick from Russia who played a total of 168 minutes in the NBA. Is there any reason to suggest that the Clippers could buck that trend in 2023?

Vecenie: I’d be stunned. This isn’t a particularly deep class in terms of international stash prospects. I don’t believe that Rayan Rupert is seen leaguewide as a stash coming over from the Australian NBL unless he falls much further on draft night than anticipated. James Nnaji would qualify, but I don’t think the Clippers should use the 30th pick on a raw stash pick at the center position. I just don’t see Tristan Vukčević, Nikola Djurisic or Nadir Hifi as first-round values.

Nnaji is probably the closest player who you could argue for and could make a case for. But I think there are at least a half-dozen more-likely options.

Murray: Finally, I would be remiss to leave out the fact that the Portland Trail Blazers are very clearly dangling the third pick in the draft with Damian Lillard still an elite performer. That pick could be Scoot Henderson or Brandon Miller. Would you consider offering George for that pick and more assets from Portland for one of those two players?

Vecenie: I would do this trade in a heartbeat and not think twice if I was the Clippers. I would walk to the league office in Secaucus, N.J., from Los Angeles to input the paperwork on this trade if I was the Clippers and Henderson was available. I doubt that the Clippers would return any singular better asset in a trade than Henderson in a deal for George. I think they’d also probably be able to get a bit more draft capital, given the way the NBA works. But I would move George for Henderson straight up if Henderson was to get to No. 3.

I doubt that the Clippers can jump-start a new era in Los Angeles with a player as good as Henderson projects to be any time soon given the draft capital they owe Oklahoma City through until the 2026 NBA Draft. And if you are as skeptical as I am that this Clippers roster can win a title with Leonard’s unfortunate health situation, I think this would be a no-brainer. I adore Leonard and his game and thought he was a top-five player in the NBA during the second half of this season. I just don’t know how you can count on him to stay healthy at this point through such a long, arduous NBA playoff run. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong.

For the Blazers, I do think George probably is the best singular player they could acquire if the goal is to open their contention window as wide as possible for the rest of Lillard’s career. George remains a tremendous, All-NBA-level performer on the wing. Combining him with Lillard, Jerami Grant and Shaedon Sharpe would at least give the team a shot to give Lillard the send-off his career deserves. I think George is one of the very few players who I’d at least make a consideration on moving this pick. He’s that good. A Lillard-George pairing immediately becomes one of the best in the league. To match George’s salary, the team would likely have to move Anfernee Simons and Jusuf Nurkić.

But I’m skeptical that the Blazers are as likely to move this draft pick as others seem to think, especially if Henderson falls to No. 3. Henderson is a culture-builder unto himself, and about as ideal a prospect to jump-start a rebuild as you’ll find. He’s immensely talented as a creator and has the kind of competitive drive and fire that every team looks for in its building blocks. It would be difficult for me to pass on that if he indeed gets there.
https://theathletic.com/4588224/2023/06 ... rge-trade/
Imagen

Cassell

por Cassell » 19 Jun 2023, 18:25

Imagen

baronroyo

por baronroyo » 21 Jun 2023, 23:01

Imagen

baronroyo

por baronroyo » 22 Jun 2023, 07:54

Imagen

Cassell

por Cassell » 22 Jun 2023, 15:58

Las dudas por el historial de lesiones de Brogdon han tumbado el traspaso.
Imagen

sawyer

por sawyer » 22 Jun 2023, 16:41

Y es que encima viene lesionado ya, la misma lesión que tuvo George en el codo la temporada pasada.
Imagen