NCAA 17/18. Villanova campeona
Foro de debate general sobre cualquier tema de basket

Bias
Ubicación: "Si supiera que el mundo se acaba mañana, yo, hoy todavía, plantaría un árbol" M.L.K

Re: NCAA 17/18 . Verano!

por Bias » 18 Ago 2017, 17:38

"Allen Iverson is a genius. Yes, he didn’t get his ring, but he was able to outplay the entire opponent’s team.I think he is the most skilled NBA player of all time" Alexey Shved

"If you love basketball, you love Temple" Tom Crean

Bias
Ubicación: "Si supiera que el mundo se acaba mañana, yo, hoy todavía, plantaría un árbol" M.L.K

por Bias » 23 Ago 2017, 16:06

Former Chalmette center Mitchell Robinson is expected to skip college and prepare for the 2018 NBA Draft, a source confirmed to NOLA.com l The Times-Picayune on Tuesday. Yahoo!
"Allen Iverson is a genius. Yes, he didn’t get his ring, but he was able to outplay the entire opponent’s team.I think he is the most skilled NBA player of all time" Alexey Shved

Cassell

por Cassell » 24 Ago 2017, 11:40

Imagen

Rivo

por Rivo » 24 Ago 2017, 11:47

Si Barrett fuese de USA diría que iba a Duke 100%. Teniendo en cuenta que su padre es hombre de baloncesto seguro que acabará jugando para K, pero no lo tengo tan claro.
Imagen

dree_15

por dree_15 » 24 Ago 2017, 12:33

Pues no lo tengo yo tan claro, que a lo mejor esta acaba siendo la última temporada de Coach K.

mingui

por mingui » 24 Ago 2017, 14:15

dree_15 escribió:Pues no lo tengo yo tan claro, que a lo mejor esta acaba siendo la última temporada de Coach K.

Hay algún link con este rumor o es impresión tuya?

Por favor que se vaya a Oregon....

dree_15

por dree_15 » 24 Ago 2017, 14:20

mingui escribió:
dree_15 escribió:Pues no lo tengo yo tan claro, que a lo mejor esta acaba siendo la última temporada de Coach K.

No es un rumor como tal, sino que en los últimos años se ha sometido a 7 operaciones y sobrepasa ya los 70 años. De hecho Duke iba a hacer una gira por el extranjero y la cancelaron dada su condición física. Me parece lógico pensar que con su edad y su estado de salud no va a seguir mucho más en los banquillos.

Cassell

por Cassell » 25 Ago 2017, 20:36

Ball State basketball player Zach Hollywood was found dead Tuesday, the school confirmed. He was 19.

The school informed all student-athletes about the death in a letter Tuesday. Hollywood, a redshirt freshman forward last season, was found dead at his off-campus apartment. Delaware County coroner Scott Hahn ruled the death as an apparent suicide.

"On behalf of Ball State University, it is with profound sadness that we learned today of the passing of Zachary "Zach" Hollywood, a student from Bradley, Illinois. Zach has been a part of our community for the past year. During his time on campus, he was a member of the men's basketball team and made many positive impressions throughout campus. This is a tragedy. Our heartfelt condolences are with his family, friends and teammates.

"For members of our Ball State family who need support during this difficult time, we encourage them to take advantage of the numerous resources available on- and off-campus."

Jeremie Tyler and Trey Moses were among the teammates who took to Twitter to express their shock.

Hollywood, from Kankakee, Illinois, averaged 17.5 points and 7.8 rebounds and was a second-team All-State selection as a senior at Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School.

"Zach was a terrific young man with an incredibly bright future in front of him," Ball State coach James Whitford said in a statement. "His loss is a true tragedy for all those who knew and loved him.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected, especially Zach's family. This is an incredibly hard moment for everyone."

Que mal trago queda siempre al ver esto.
Imagen

Bias

por Bias » 27 Ago 2017, 17:34

Bias escribió:
Former Chalmette center Mitchell Robinson is expected to skip college and prepare for the 2018 NBA Draft, a source confirmed to NOLA.com l The Times-Picayune on Tuesday. Yahoo!

Vaya show

Cassell

por Cassell » 28 Ago 2017, 18:10

dree_15 escribió:
mingui escribió:

No es un rumor como tal, sino que en los últimos años se ha sometido a 7 operaciones y sobrepasa ya los 70 años. De hecho Duke iba a hacer una gira por el extranjero y la cancelaron dada su condición física. Me parece lógico pensar que con su edad y su estado de salud no va a seguir mucho más en los banquillos.

Cancelaron una serie de partidos que iban a jugar en la República Dominicana por una operación de rodilla, que junto la espalda es lo que le está dando la lata. Ya la pasada temporada Jeff Capel tuvo que asumir el mando durante varios partidos por sus problemas de salud. El cirujano que le operó dice que todo salió bien y que podrá estar activo toda la temporada, pero a saber.

Por otro lado, Barrett ha anunciado cuando visitará las cinco universidades finalistas de su elección:

Kentucky next weekend Sept. 1-3, Duke Sept. 15-17, Arizona Sept. 21-23, Oregon Sept. 23-25 and Michigan Sept. 29-Oct. 1.
Imagen

catilina

por catilina » 28 Ago 2017, 23:58

Alguien sabe si estos equipos (no Clemson, claro) llegaron a jugar esos días previos o posteriores al atentado de Barcelona? Oregon State, Arizona, Tulane?

https://as.com/baloncesto/2017/08/17/ma ... 89396.html
Quosque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?

Bias

por Bias » 29 Ago 2017, 08:37

Posteriores no, arrancaron de Barcelona lo más rápido posible después del atentado. (Oregon State no se)

Anteriores en Barcelona no se si llegaron a jugar alguno, es posible, pero varios venían de jugar en otras ciudades como Valencia al menos

Enviado desde mi 5010D mediante Tapatalk

Cassell

por Cassell » 29 Ago 2017, 10:43

Luto en Michigan State. Ha fallecido Jud Heathcote, el entrenador que les llevó al título en 1979. En los últimos años era habitual verlo en los partidos de MSU del torneo final acompañando a Magic Johnson.
Imagen

Bias

por Bias » 29 Ago 2017, 20:10

After an impressive freshman season, forward Taurean Thompson will not be returning to the Syracuse Orange.

"We have been informed that Taurean is taking a leave of absence from Syracuse University," coach Jim Boeheim said in a statement to Syracuse.com. "My understanding is he wants to go to school closer to home due to some family health issues."

Bias

por Bias » 30 Ago 2017, 23:09

Pues otro importante que se va esta semana

Cassell

por Cassell » 31 Ago 2017, 10:37

ESPN 100 power forward Silvio De Sousa has committed to Kansas, ESPN has confirmed.

De Sousa visited Kansas' campus over the weekend, and chose the Jayhawks over Maryland, Illinois, Louisville and others. Maryland was considered the favorite for most of the last several months, but the Jayhawks offered De Sousa in the spring and turned up their attention in August.

The news was first reported by the Lawrence Journal-World.

"When I was there in Kansas, I couldn't even express myself or how I was feeling," De Sousa told the Journal-World. "When you love something, there's no way you will describe it. I knew about their basketball but I didn't know about the campus, the coaches and stuff like that. I felt like that was the place I wanted to be, the culture and the coaches were so great around me. That's one of the things I've been looking for and I found that in them."

De Sousa is a 6-foot-8 power forward from Angola who attends IMG Academy in Florida. He averaged 20.5 points and 8.2 rebounds on the Under Armour Association circuit with the Florida Vipers AAU program before heading to the U19 World Cup in July with Angola.

De Sousa impressed during the World Cup, averaging 17.3 points and 13.1 rebounds -- including 19 points and five rebounds against the USA U19 team. He was also named MVP of the U18 Africa Championship in the summer of 2016.

De Sousa, ranked No. 28 in the ESPN 100 for 2018, is Bill Self's first commitment in the 2018 class. Kansas is in pursuit of a high-level class, with Zion Williamson (No. 2), Devon Dotson (No. 26) and Quentin Grimes (No. 13) atop the target board.
Imagen

Bias

por Bias » 02 Sep 2017, 09:41

Cameron Reddish, the No. 3-ranked senior in the ESPN 100, committed to Duke on Friday.

Reddish, a 6-foot-7 small forward out of Westtown School (Penn.), chose the Blue Devils over a final five that included Kentucky, Connecticut, UCLA and Villanova.

KYS

por KYS » 05 Sep 2017, 08:31

catilina escribió:Alguien sabe si estos equipos (no Clemson, claro) llegaron a jugar esos días previos o posteriores al atentado de Barcelona? Oregon State, Arizona, Tulane?

https://as.com/baloncesto/2017/08/17/ma ... 89396.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... l_k_1.html

Ahi tienes a oregon State jugando en Malaga después del atentado.

Os leo ahora después del verano

Cassell

por Cassell » 05 Sep 2017, 17:26

Legendary Louisville coach Denny Crum is recovering in an Alaska hospital following a health scare while fishing on Wednesday.

Crum's wife told 89.3 WFPL that doctors believe the Hall of Fame coach suffered a mild stroke but that her husband's condition has improved and that he could be released from Providence Hospital in Anchorage as early as this weekend.

Crum, 80, coached at Louisville for 30 years, retiring in 2001 with a 675-295 career record. He won two national championships and made six Final Four appearances.

Crum was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1994.
Imagen

Bias

por Bias » 06 Sep 2017, 20:07

Un viejo "colega" mío por este hilo