• Lakers son capaces de hipotecar aún más su futuro por empaquetar a Westbrick:

Rockets would take Russell Westbrook back in trade

I have been advised that I should amend my previous characterization of the Lakers’ finding a Westbrook trade from outright impossible to extremely unlikely. There is at least one team out there that would take him, league sources say, if the conditions are right. That team, surprisingly, is the Houston Rockets. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

I, like many around the league, was previously under the impression that the Rockets would have less than zero interest in a Westbrook reunion after Houston traded Westbrook to Washington for John Wall in December 2020 shortly before the start of last season. I’ve since learned that the Rockets — while indeed holding no interest in having Westbrook play for them again — actually would be amenable to another Westbrook-for-Wall swap if the Lakers incentivized the trade with sufficient draft compensation. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

To be clear: This is not a scenario likely to materialize between now and Feb. 10 or one I would advise the Lakers to pursue so soon even after all of my criticism of the Westbrook trade in the first place. Yet sources say that the Lakers could convince Houston to take Westbrook back for Wall if they attached their 2027 first-round draft pick to the deal. The Lakers could naturally try to offer multiple second-round picks instead, but L.A.’s 2027 first-rounder is the piece rival teams naturally covet. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

• Probablemente Westbrick siga en Lakers hasta final de temporada en lugar de hipotecar más su futuro regalando 1 1ª ronda, puede que Houston Rockets acaben cortando a John Wall.

Por otro lado:

Lakers to sign Stanley Johnson to two-year deal

Shams Charania: Forward Stanley Johnson has agreed to a new two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Johnson’s final 10-day contract expires Wednesday, but his contagious defense, energy and play earn him a guaranteed rest of the year. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Lakers intend to sign F Stanley Johnson to a two-year deal, including a team option for 2022-2023, sources tell ESPN. Deal expected to be signed on Thursday. – via Twitter wojespn

• [youtube]

Contenido externo youtu.be
    El contenido incrustado de fuentes externas no se mostrará sin tu consentimiento.
    Mediante la activación de contenidos externos, usted acepta que se transfieran datos personales a plataformas de terceros. Hemos proporcionado más información al respecto en nuestra política de privacidad.
    [/youtube]

[youtube]

Contenido externo youtu.be
    El contenido incrustado de fuentes externas no se mostrará sin tu consentimiento.
    Mediante la activación de contenidos externos, usted acepta que se transfieran datos personales a plataformas de terceros. Hemos proporcionado más información al respecto en nuestra política de privacidad.
    [/youtube]